Needed to reinstall my OSX because there is a bug between my UAD audio drivers and the new version of Catalina. Before having to reinstall the operating system I got through the deployment section / halfway through the game extras. Hopefully I can get everything working in Unity tomorrow and we can get back on track.

--

--

Finally got the new computer fully functional but was still stuck on a blocker. Could not get the laser to play audio, every other piece of audio functioned properly but the laser just wouldn’t seem to wanna work. We worked through it for a few hours before finding the big problem. The big problem I had in my code was in my player code, in the void start I had put in code to fire the laser. Since that was the first command to fire the laser Unity was ignoring my other section I had built for the fire laser attributes. Once I deleted that everything ran smoothly again. Very thankful for Joannes time and effort to help me figure this out.

--

--

Spent the majority of my day trouble shooting problems with moving my shooter project file from one computer to the next. When starting a computer up from scratch there will def be allocation issues with files. I think everything is good to go now! Can’t wait to get back into it tomorrow morning :D

--

--

Computer crashed, so I spent the day reinstalling all the software to get myself back up and running. Got a new Macbook pro that has great specs so I am sure I will end up moving forward quicker. Excited to get everything back up by tomorrow.

--

--

Today was full of blockers for me. I have no idea why I cant get my lasers to fire, The background music, powerups & explosions all loaded up properly for me. I skipped it and came back to it later thinking I might be able to figure it out once i developed more of the sound design in the game. Unfortunately I spent the remainder of my day stuck without the sound of pew pew pew lasers. I am going to reach out to some of the instructors tomorrow to get some extra guidance.

--

--

Today I got through post processing and about half of the audio section of the curriculum. Some problems I ran into today with post processing is that the animation outlines (which are square) are now visible because of something I did. I went back in and deleted all of the post processing changes I made but the problem still remains. I will go ask someone for help tomorrow. The audio section has been a breeze so far. Here I have attached a gif of the visual problem I have run into.

--

--

Went Hammer mode today in VFX! Learning how to start a scene with an action was really interesting, feel like this is how you can navigate through different levels of difficulty in a game? Also having all of the images animated instead of being stagnant really brings the graphics and game to life. Excited for Monday when I break into post processing. I am sure this is another way we can get a more polished look on our game and UI.

--

--

Spent the day doing the User Interface course. Learning how to navigate through United Engine has been awesome, the possibilities are literally endless with what you can achieve. Also learning how to use the KeyCode features was really awesome, I can see a-lot of practical uses coming out of that. No real blockers today except for the common capitalization errors I make. Feeling pretty good & I am ready to get into the VFX section tomorrow.

--

--

Finally got through all of Power-up today. I keep running into problems with capital letters, some of the times words that should not be capitalized have to be capitalized and vice versa. Ended the day on the UI section. As always heres a gif of where I left off.

--

--